Student Affairs Mission, Vision and Core Values
Student Affairs supports the enrollment, academic success and wellbeing of every student by developing their intellectual, social and moral growth.
To develop every student to lead, innovate, solve problems and contribute to the betterment of the world.
As student affairs professionals, we strive to live by the same values that we promote to our students.
- Inclusivity: We value a university in which every individual is affirmed and where we seek to understand, respect and celebrate our diversity as reflected in the UC San Diego Principles of Community.
- Personal Growth and Engagement: We strive to create a student centered community where co-curricular experiences strengthen and broaden student learning inside and outside the classroom.
- Wellbeing: We value a community that encourages a balanced life, healthy choices and an environment that facilitates a sense of belonging for every student.
- Accountability: We value integrity, open communication, assessment and evaluation that demonstrates the impact of our work.
- Excellence: We strive to be a division recognized as leaders in the field of Student Affairs, engaged in scholarship and best practices.
Learn about Student Affairs' strategic planning process and our strategic plan and goal areas.